Naila Khalil, M.B.B.S., M.P.H., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Community Health
Center for Global Health
3123 Research Blvd., #200
Kettering, OH 45420
Ph.D., Environmental Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, 2007
M.P.H., Quaide Azam University, 2001
M.B.B.S., Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Punjab University, 1986
- Co-PI:Research study in the Children’s Medical Center of Dayton : The association of Bisphenol-A (BPA), obesity and metabolic abnormalities in children
- Co-PI: Research proposal: Longitudinal change in Bisphenol-A (BPA) biomarkers in urine in children aged 6-11 years enrolled in the Fels Longitudinal Study
- Manuscript first author: Sex differences in the protective role of HDL-C in subclinical atherosclerosis
- Manuscript first author: Association of blood lead concentration with falls and bone density changes in older men
- Manuscript as co-author: Relative Contributions of Oligomenorrhea and Hyperandrogenemia to the Risk of Metabolic Syndrome in Midlife Women
- Manuscript as co-author: Anxiety and Depressive symptoms Following Natural Menopause, Hysterectomy with Ovarian Conservation, and Hysterectomy with Bilateral Oophorectomy.
American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
Khalil, N. The Association of Lead Biomarkers with Health Effects in Community Residing Women and an Occupational Male Cohort, Dissertation 2007. http://etd.library.pitt.edu/ETD/available/etd-04132007-160216/
Khalil N, Cauley JA, Wilson JW, Talbott EO, Morrow L, Hochberg MC, Hillier TA, Muldoon SB, Cummings SR. Relationship of blood lead levels to incident nonspine fractures and falls in older women: the study of osteoporotic fractures. J Bone Miner Res. Sep 2008; 23(9):1417-1425
Khalil N, Morrow LA, Needleman H, Talbott EO, Wilson JW, Cauley JA. Association of cumulative lead and neurocognitive function in an occupational cohort. Neuropsychology. Jan 2009; 23 (1):10-19.
Khalil N, Wilson JW, Talbott EO, Morrow LA, Hochberg MC, Hillier TA, Muldoon SB, Cummings SR, Cauley JA. Association of blood lead concentrations with mortality in older women: a prospective cohort study. Environ Health. 2009; 8:15.
Khalil N, Sutton-Tyrrell K, Strotmeyer ES, Greendale GA, Vuga M, Selzer F, Crandall CJ, Cauley JA: Menopausal bone changes and incident fractures in diabetic women: a cohort study. Osteoporos Int, Jul 2010; 22:1367-1376.