The Boonshoft School of Medicine offers the full range of medical education including the M.D. degree, three dual degree programs, residency training in 13 medical specialties, fellowship training in 10 specialties, six master’s degree programs and a master’s level certificate program as well as continuing medical education programs for physicians and community education programs.
As a community-based medical school, Wright State is affiliated with seven major teaching hospitals and more than 20 other health care institutions throughout the Dayton region. Our students encounter a diverse range of patients, practices and facilities, giving them invaluable “real world” experience.
The M.D. Program
Residency & Fellowship Programs
- About Graduate Medical Education at WSU
- Acute Care Surgery Fellowship Program
- Aerospace Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Gastroenterology Fellowship
- General Surgery
- Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
- Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship
- Infectious Disease Fellowship
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
- Plastic Surgery
- Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
Continuing Medical Education
Dual Degree Programs
- Aerospace Medicine M.S.
- Anatomy M.S.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology M.S.
- Biomedical Sciences Ph.D.
- GRAD-PREP Biomedical Graduate Preparation Program
- Environmental Sciences Ph.D.
- Health Care Management Certificate
- Microbiology & Immunology M.S.
- Pharmacology & Toxicology M.S.
- Physiology & Neuroscience M.S.
- Master of Public Health
Other Educational Programs & Resources
- Academic MedU Web Site
- Biomedical Scholars Training and Research Program (BioSTAR)
- Biomedical Training for Underrepresented Minorities
- Dayton Area Graduate Medical Education Community
- Faculty Development
- Research Learning Community
- Skills Assessment & Training Center
- University Libraries