The goals of the Department of Pediatrics are to:
Chair search underway
Applications and nominations are invited for the position of chair of the Department of Pediatrics at Boonshoft School of Medicine. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide the vision and leadership necessary for the Department of Pediatrics to deliver exemplary patient care, to educate and train medical students and residents, to build strong strategic engagements with community partners and to develop new research and practice initiatives. Applications must be submitted online at https://jobs.wright.edu/postings/7900. Review of applications will begin August 21, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled. For questions or to submit nominations, please contact Betty Kangas, staff to the Pediatrics Chair Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 245-7662.
- Provide medical students with an education that will enable them to attain broad knowledge of all aspects of the primary care needs of infants, children, and adolescents;
- Provide an environment and faculty for resident education that will produce physicians who can perform competently as pediatricians;
- Prepare residents in family practice, emergency medicine, and other disciplines to meet the primary care needs of children and to recognize those conditions that require referral;
- Provide continuing education of post-graduate physicians; and
- Allow for the development of research excellence and productivity in studies designed to improve health care delivery and attainment of new knowledge of disease causation and treatment.
The department consists of 44 fully-affiliated faculty. In addition, there is a large voluntary faculty of more than 90 members who provide a large portion of the teaching of students and residents. The department is organized in several divisions, e.g., endocrinology, gastroenterology, cardiology and general pediatrics.