Salary (FY 2013-14)
- R1 - $51,319
- R2 - $52,719
- R3 - $54,040
- R4 - $55,361
- Standard military compensation for rank and longevity.
- R1 - Two weeks
- R2 - Three weeks
- R3 - Three weeks
- R4 -Three weeks
- Expenses for national meetings may be paid for those residents presenting papers.
- First-year residents are allocated three days per contract year to attend continuing medical education meetings.
- Second-year residents receive five days per contract year to attend medical meetings.
- Third-year residents have seven days per contract year to attend medical meetings.
- Fourth-year residents have seven days per contract year to attend an approved comprehensive obstetrics and gynecology review course. Attendance is mandatory.
While at Miami Valley Hospital, please note the following:
- Miami Valley Hospital is a smoke-free environment; smoking is not permitted in or outside the hospital confines.
- An annual history and physical examination must be completed, including appropriate lab work, drug screen and TB testing.
- Evidence of employability (social security number) must be provided.
- Residents should acquire state licensure upon eligibility. Military residents MUST obtain a license by the end of their second year.