Wright State University
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Procedure number: 410
Revised: August 2011
FULLY AFFILIATED FACULTY
1. The faculty member must submit a letter of resignation to the primary department chair, with a copy to the secondary department chair if applicable, stating the desired date of resignation. The departmental chair may ask a retiring faculty member if the faculty member wants to
• transfer to the voluntary faculty,
• request emeritus status, if eligible, or
• resign from the faculty.
2. After the supervisor approves, the departmental chair accepts the resignation in writing stating the specific terms noting the effective date of resignation and the last working day.
3. The departmental chair sends to the Office of Fiscal Affairs a copy of the faculty member's resignation and the chair's acceptance. The Office of Fiscal Affairs will notify the Department of Human Resources and the Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs.
Note: If the faculty member is in the practice plan, the departmental chair also notifies Wright State Physicians, Becky Bezich, at least 30 days in advance.
4. The department sends a record of vacation and sick leave usages to WSU Human Resources, Medical Sciences 115.
5. The faculty member returns university keys, library books, ID card, etc., to the supervisor and submits grades that are due or outstanding.
6. The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs will present the resignation to the Boonshoft School of Medicine (School) Executive Committee for confirmation.
PARTIALLY AFFILIATED FACULTY
1. The departmental chair must notify the Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs of the voluntary faculty member's resignation giving the reason for the resignation, if available, and the effective date of resignation.
2. The memo will be shared with the secondary departmental chair if applicable.
3. The resignation will be presented to the School Executive Committee for confirmation.
Updated March 6, 2012 (sho)