The Pediatrics Club is an organization dedicated to exposing medical students to the countless opportunities in pediatrics. We hold monthly meetings and events, providing numerous opportunities for students to get involved. Our Observership Program allows students to shadow physicians at Dayton Children’s Hospital and experience different specialties. Students are also able to get involved in the community through various volunteering opportunities. Furthermore, the Pediatrics Club aims to increase student awareness through dinners and panel discussions with physicians, patients and Boonshoft’s own graduating students bound for pediatric residencies.
Membership in the Pediatrics Club is free, and all medical students are welcome to attend meetings and events. If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact any of the board members.
Class of 2016
Gregory Toussaint, M.D.
Events & Activities
- Introduction to Pediatrics Meeting
- Dayton Children’s Hospital Observership Program
- Midwest Outdoor Experience
- Reverse Trick-or-Treat at Dayton Children’s Hospital
- Meet & Greet Dinner with Faculty & Subspecialists
- “Dig for Dreams” Volleyball Tournament & Fundraiser
- Meet the Patients/Parents Panel & Dinner
- Panel Discussion with Graduating Fourth Year Medical Students
- Pediatric Career Night
- Pediatrics as a Profession
- AAP – YoungPeds Network
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Wright State University Department of Pediatrics
- Wright State University Pediatrics Residency
- Observership at Dayton Children’s: