Health Insurance

Students are required to have health insurance coverage while traveling abroad. The WSU Boonshoft School of Medicine insurance coverage remains in effect while students are traveling internationally. If you have a different insurance plan, please make sure your plan covers you abroad.

Evacuation Insurance

Evacuation insurance is required for international travel. This insurance provides emergency assistance worldwide and allows you to leave the country easily in the event of an emergency while you are gone. Many insurance companies do not incorporate this feature into their plans and some travel abroad programs encourage you to purchase evacuation insurance from them. As Wright State students, we can obtain evacuation insurance for free from The University Center for International Education (UCIE) in E190 Student Union (next to the book store). In order to get your insurance card, you will need to fill out the one-page International SOS form and turn in a copy of your passport to the UCIE.

Contact Nycia Bolds in the UCIE at (937) 775-5745, or visit the International SOS Insurance page on the UCIE web site if you have additional questions.