Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the WSU Medical Alumni Association?
- How can I join the MAA?
- How can I become a volunteer faculty member at the Boonshoft School of Medicine?
- What does the MAA do for students and alumni?
- How do I obtain a transcript?
- I haven't been receiving any mail or updates from the School of Medicine. How can I start receiving mail?
- Can you help me get in touch with a fellow alumnus?
- How can I stay in touch with my classmates?
- What is the difference between the Medical Alumni Association and the WSU Alumni Association?
- How can I get more involved with the Medical Alumni Association?
- How can I make a gift to the School of Medicine?
- How can I update my address or give you information for Class Notes?
- I submitted a Class Note but it wasn't printed in Vital Signs. Why?
- What if I have a question that isn't answered on this page?
The Medical Alumni Association of the Wright State University School of Medicine was established in 1983 to form a support system of individuals who share a common professional endeavor and who join in concern for medical education. The purpose of the association is to further the educational, social, and charitable interests of School of Medicine alumni.
Membership is extended to all post-graduates of the Wright State University School of Medicine. When you graduate, you automatically join the Medical Alumni Association; there are no dues to pay. As long as you keep your address updated, you will receive information about upcoming events and opportunities.
New faculty appointments are coordinated through the various departments here at the Boonshoft School of Medicine. If you are interested in applying for a faculty position, contact the appropriate department as listed on our web page.
Over the years, the Medical Alumni Association has provided reunion planning assistance, planned regional events, operated the Bed and Board program, helped with the publication of the student yearbook and the medical alumni directory, and offered many other student and alumni services and activities. The MAA also gives out an annual scholarship for a deserving fourth year medical student.
To request your transcript, download this form and follow the instructions.
For privacy reasons, the School of Medicine will not give out addresses and phone numbers of alumni. However, if you give us your contact information, we will pass it and a message along to the requested alumnus. Please be sure to send us your name, the name of the alumnus your are seeking, and your preferred contact information. We will send you a confirmation message once we have contacted the alumnus.
You can subscribe to your class email directory. This is a quick and convenient way to stay in touch with classmates across the nation. Just e-mail the Office of Advancement to request a username and password.
The WSUAA is open to all WSU alumni. The MAA is only open to School of Medicine alumni.
You can send your check made payable to "WSU Foundation" to: Office of Advancement, Boonshoft School of Medicine, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy., Dayton, OH 45435. Alternately, you can make your gift online via the university's secure server. Be sure to indicate how you would like to designate your gift, such as the SOM Excellence Fund, a particular scholarship, or a specific program/department.
Vital Signs runs on a limited publication schedule. In addition, we receive far more class notes than we can actually print in each issue. That's why we have the online database.